Sunday, August 01, 2010

Wow.

We made our first trip to Target Field on Friday! Our seats were awesome and the Twins won! The ballpark is incredible. I was expecting it to be a nice place, but all of the great details of the place blew me away! This was only the second time I have ever been to an outdoor MLB game (the only other time, Bobby and I took a whirlwind 24 hour trip to see the Twins play the Cubs at Wrigley!) Well, as we were watching the game, I noticed some similarities and differences from watching the game at the Metrodome!



Similarities:

Wally the Beer man. He stopped in our section. Nice to see a familiar face.

Good baseball. The Twins are on a winning streak and it's so fun to watch them right now. As much as the Metrodome was not the greatest stadium, I've always loved to watch these guys play baseball! Nothing's changed about that!

I think that's where the similarities end. :)



Differences:

The food. Wow, Joe and I had a polish sausage and a brat from Kramarczyk's with grilled onions, and wow, awesome. Blew the Dome dog out of the water!

The lack of roof. It was a bit overcast, but it was awesome to be outside! During the game I looked up a few times and almost expected to see the white roof.

The seats. It was great to have some better options for accessible seating, rather than the home run porch in center field. We were actually on the first level!

Real grass. Fireworks. Birds.

The Breeze. I was glad I brought a sweatshirt, but not because of the freezing air conditioning. The nice breeze that blew through the ballpark was awesome!




We had a blast and can't wait to go back and bring Alex to a game!

No comments:

Post a Comment