Sunday, November 29, 2009

Ode to our dog....

We have much to be thankful for, and I will post about our thankfulness and Thanksgiving celebrations soon... but amidst our wonderful weekend, we had some sadness too. We had to give our dog away on Saturday...



Skipper was a good dog, but he never adjusted well to Alex. He was our first "kid" and we were so excited to find a Jack Russell to join our family. But, when Alex came along, Skip wasn't thrilled and it's been a bit of a rocky road. This weekend, Skip nipped at Alex, and Joe and I made the decision that it was time for him to go... we are sad...

He has been Joe's "right hand man" ever since we got him 5 1/2 years ago. He loves baths and jumping and chasing squirrels. When I was pregnant with Alex, Skip kept me company during the long days at home. He's been a good companion and he's brought a lot of happiness to Joe and I and we will miss him a lot. The house is quieter and we have both sworn we've heard his bark and the jingle of the tags on his collar.

We know that we made the right decision, but that doesn't make it any easier...
Thanks for being our dog, Skip. We miss you already.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you gave Skip away. I'm sorry to hear that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that Holly. :(

    ReplyDelete