Friday, July 31, 2009

VBS!

Both Alex and I the priviledge of going to Vacation Bible School at Berean this week. Alex got to go to the 3 year old room and I helped out with Registration and in the 6th grade room. Each night I had a break, though, right when Alex's class was going out the the carnival, so it was great to go with his class out to the fun carnival in the parking lot of the church!

Out at the carnival, Alex got to do face painting, go on a hay ride, have mini-donuts, jump on the bouncers, play carnival games, and walk around with his group and his wonderful teachers.

There was of course more to VBS, then the carnival (although, that's all that I captured on my camera!) The kids got to go in the worship center and sing and dance, and in their classes they did crafts and listened to Bible Stories. Alex had so much fun every night. He couldn't wait to go back. I had fun too, helping out and being a part of the whole thing!

It was so awesome to see Alex interact with his group of kids as well as his teachers. I realized he really is growing up and starting to do "big kid" stuff. One of my favorite moments was when I was able to stop in the Worship Center to see Alex during the singing time, and he was jumping all around and dancing, and trying to remember all the words to the song he was singing. It brought such joy to my heart!! What a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:58 PM

    Can I just say how much fun I think it is that Alex is at BEREAN's VBS with Tom Donely's son? Weird collision of my worlds :)

    ReplyDelete