2008 was a good year for us. Like every year it had it's ups and downs, but overall the year was good. Both Joe and I started new jobs (well, me a new position at my same job), started attending a new church and bought a new mini-van! We traveled to Florida, Nebraska, Washington DC, and both North and South Dakota. Alex celebrated his 2nd birthday and is charming us day after day with his new words and antics. It was a good year.
.
As we move into 2009, I'm also anticipating another milestone... my 30th birthday... tomorrow. It doesn't seem possible that my 20's are hours from being over. But, as I began to reminisce about all that's happened in the last 10 years, I started to feel a bit better... I've done a lot! So, here's a brief, but relatively comprehensive look back at my life since age 20.
.
Since 1999 I have: graduated from college; had 8 jobs, including 3 churches, an investment firm, and The Olive Garden; moved 9 times; got married; bought a house; had a baby; traveled around the US; and have been surrounded all the while with wonderful friends and a loving family. Hmmm..... not too bad. There are a few things that I had hoped would happen in the last 10 years... maybe a trip to Europe, a cure for MD, and shedding a bit more of my pregnancy weight... but overall, I really can't complain. Well, I could, but really, who wants to hear all that?!?! I try to live each day with the hope of what's to come and the memories of all that has passed and keep a good perspective on the blessings that I have been given. Don't get me wrong, I've had my moments of sheer panic over turning the big 3-0. But, those moments pass quickly as I realize that age is out of my control, and by spending any more time regretting the past, I'm wasting moments of my future.
So, here's to the next 10 years... I hope I can say with certainty then, that I have done many things I have wanted, that I still have some more to accomplish and that I've done it all the while with wonderful friends and a loving family surrounding me.
.
Happy New Year and May God bless you abundantly this 2009.
Happy Birthday tomorrow! Wow, you've moved nine times...I'm not sure I want to count all the times I moved. 30 isn't as bad as it sounds! :) Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteHolly, I can't believe my baby is thirty and has a baby! You are so special to me and you are such an awesome mom! MOM
ReplyDelete