Who needs tv or movies for entertainment when you have a 2 year old?!?! He has provided us with lots of hilarious moments lately... and I thought I'd share a couple.
We were talking the other night about things he might like to be when he grows up... I asked him, "Do you wanted to be a fireman?", he said, "No". "What about a baseball player?" "No". "What would you like to be Alex?" He thought for a moment, "I'll be Uncle Tim and play guitar." The next morning he brought his play guitar to church so he could play up front with Uncle Tim. Oops, we left it in the car!
We were watching the Country Music Awards the other night and Alex was really getting into the music and a performer came onto the stage looking like a true cowboy with his hat and boots, and Alex exclaimed "Look, there's Grandpa Mark singing!" Grandpa Mark does live in South Dakota and does occasionally wear cowboy boots and/or hat... but, Alex was certain he was on tv singing!
Right now, he's singing "Jesus loves me" in his bed... oh, now he's transitioned into "Jingle Bells".
I love Alex's excitement for life. Joe loves Christmas, so about a month ago we were at Kohl's and they already had the Christmas display up. So, Joe and Alex went and looked at the trees and ornaments and Alex was joining into Joe's excitement. Now everytime we go to a store, he'll see something Christmas-y and yell "There it is!!!!" I can't wait to put our tree up at home, I think he'll have so much fun this year!
That is very fun! He's a cutie!
ReplyDeleteOh, I miss him! So much! Can't wait to see him in just over a week! Yah for coming home!
ReplyDelete