Sunday, August 05, 2012

Checking out the Neighborhood

Since moving to our new house, Alex and I have taken a few walks to explore the neighborhood!  We found a park a few blocks away that always has lots and lots of geese and ducks.  Since Alex is currently obsessed with birds, we go to that park almost every time.  He always hopes that one of the ducks will follow us home.


We also live about six blocks away from an elementary school with a great playground.  When we have a little more time, we like to walk there and play.  We've even met a few kids from the neighborhood there! 


When we went for a walk today, we were planning to head to the playground, but got sidetracked by the baseball field.  Alex wanted to play a little ball and even though we didn't bring along any gear, we played three innings!  Alex hit two home runs and I got two strikeouts.  I love playing pretend baseball!


We've enjoyed exploring our new neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment