Tuesday, February 24, 2009

This and That...

Joe and I ventured with my dad up to Opole, MN on Friday, through lots of unexpected snow. My great-uncle Paul, passed away last week, and we went up to the wake Friday evening. Alex was a lucky guy and got to hang out with Grandma while we went. They had lots of fun, playing, watching a movie, and eating popcorn.

My Uncle Paul is my dad's, father's brother. I hardly knew him, but I was very glad to be able to go to the wake. Paul looked a lot like my grandpa and since my grandpa has been gone 8 years, everytime I saw Uncle Paul, it was almost like seeing my grandpa again and hearing his voice was just about like talking to my grandpa. This is a picture of my Grandpa and Uncle Paul (at least I think so. I'm sure my aunts reading this will correct me if I'm wrong!!) My grandpa is on the left.

On a side note. Alex has decided that Mickey Mouse is "his son". Here he is pushing "his son" in the stroller. He asked the other day to watch the show about "His son's clubhouse". He wants to go visit "his son's castle" in Florida. It just cracks us up. He will put "his son" to bed in the shoebox and he tells him a story about Max the church mouse, then he prays, and then he sings lullaby to "his son". Just like we do each night for Alex. So precious.


2 comments:

  1. your son is too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:43 PM

    Yep Holly, that's John and Paul!

    M

    ReplyDelete